Route 238 corridor Improvement Project
The city of Hayward approved a project to improve traffic conditions along Foothill boulrvard, a downtown loop and Mission Boulevard between interstate 580 (I-580) and Industrial Parkway. In order to construct the project, the city needed to aquire 19 private properties and obtain frontage (partial acquisition) of another 11 properties. RES is under contract to the City of Hayward to act as its right of way agent to acquire all needed property. Sub contractors to RES include north American Title Company and Dean Chapman Appraisers.
Accomplishments to date:
- The primary goal is to provide fair compensation to the property owners, tenants, businesses and residences without the need to use the city’s eminent domain police powers.
- the acquisition process began in september of ’08 with the goal to complete all acquisitions’ by December ’09. to date 50% of the acquisitions are complete wiout the need to utilize eminent domain police powers.
East Cypress Corridor Specific Plan
Located in Oakley California the project area includes 5,759 houses, commercial areas, lakes, parks and schools. The project is still in the entitlement process. To date the project area has been annexed to the City of Oakley and has obtained a certified environmental Impact Report and an Approved Specific Plan.
Tasks include the following:
- Broker for the four major properties in the specific plan.
- Dal Porto North
- Lesher Trust
- Dal Porto South
- Bethel Island LLC)
- Assisted in assembling and directing the development team
- Land Planners
- Civil Engineers
- EIR Consultants
- Outside agencies
- Developed Sewer and Water agreements with Contra Costa Water District, Diablo Water and Ironhouse Sanitary District.
- Developed phasing plans and schedules
- Start and organized the framework for preliminary finance programs.
- Set the parameters and establish deal points for development agreements and Cost sharing Agreements.
- Plan Tentative Maps with Parcel Coomponents and submit to the City for approval.
- Represnt property owners and developers at city and county Public Meetings.
Other recent clients include Longs Drug Stores, Inc. of Northern California, KB Home South Bay Income, and D.R. Horton.